Square gardening is an art that is gaining in popularity. Expert gardeners have provided a number of tips for beginners so that they can learn gardening in an easy way. The following are some of the square foot gardening tips to take care of your garden.
- It is very important that you divide the gardening area equally in the form of squares. You can take some ribbon to measure the exact divisions.
- Chose the best place for the garden so that it is exposed to sunlight. Make sure you have easy access to water.
- To make the best usage of square gardening, you should plant different vegetables, fruits, and flowers in different squares. It will give you a variety of produce that will flower and mature at different times.
- Every seed has its own season. Some of these seeds can be planted throughout any season while some seeds can only be planted in early in the spring. Keep in mind this point while choosing the seeds for your garden.
- Don’t forget to fertilize the soil and use good loam or commercially packaged soil that has been sterilized of all weeds. Nourish the plants regularly according to the plant requirements and its nature.
- There are some special plants that require minerals from external sources because natural soil minerals are not sufficient for their growth. Be sure to know what is needed.